Take Your Seat - Technology Director
CREATING FANS FOR LIFE SINCE 1994
teamDigital is comprised of thinkers and makers who believe in the power of digital engagement and promotions to forge lasting brand connections. -- we bring the shared passions of brands and consumers together with digital experiences that drive business and win consumers’ hearts.
As we enter our 25th year, we continue to work with multi-year-tenured, category-leading global clients including Mastercard, Carnival Cruise Line, NASCAR, SoundCloud, NFL, NBA, MLB, and many, many more.
- This is a full-time, on-site position based in Bethel, Connecticut (next to Danbury CT, 1.5 hours from New York City).
- This position requires previous marketing/professional services agency experience, and a leadership style that combines vision, guidance, stewardship, and hands-on technology implementation in a nimble, fast-paced client service environment.
- Requires experience leading, inspiring and mentoring a technology team.
- Requires occasional client face time and interaction, as well as occasional travel.
teamDigital seeks a technology leader to guide our clients and agency into the future.
If you’ve climbed up from working in the trenches throughout your career and now emerge seeking a leadership role where you can project your own vision while still keeping your hands busy alongside a talented team in a small, nimble, creative and entrepreneurial environment, this may be the opportunity for you.
The ideal candidate will have experience overseeing both custom and templated web app development and be personally invested in how emerging and trending technologies can benefit our marketing clients.
As our lead technologist, you should be an active evangelist for emerging and trending technologies, be experimenting, and always searching for innovative uses to enable consumer/brand interactions, communications, and relationship building. This role is based in Bethel CT.
- Provide strategic vision on how best to utilize emerging technologies and practices for our client needs.
- Establish future-forward POV and serve as guiding voice representing agency to our industry, prospects, and clients
AGENCY LEADERSHIP AND TEAM MENTORSHIP
- As a department leader, be a part of client service team helping to define client programs and their executions.
- Partner with creative, account, project management, and administrative teams to help dream up and implement the best solutions for our clients’ needs.
- Lead and nurture technology team to help each team member grow individually, aligned with the strategies and success of our agency and clients.
- Be an evangelist on how best to use technology for the organization.
- Manage both internal and client expectations.
- Partner with strategy and data analytic teams to ensure we’re capturing the right data, creating the right reporting and analysis tools and services to meet our clients’ needs and expectations.
PROJECT DELIVERY AND QUALITY
- Oversee development and QA of internal and client-facing web-applications.
- Ensure internal and client systems meet or exceed required levels of performance and security expectations.
- Oversee web-application architecture, ensure it meets the needs of both today and tomorrow.
- Always willing to find solutions that meet or exceed client expectations while not compromising teamDigital’s ability to deliver high-quality projects and services. Finding ways to say ‘yes.’
- Manage IT, company infrastructure and development team administrative functions.
- Create, maintain and enforce corporate security and technology best practices, including appropriate data management, storage and reporting requirements.
- Assure compliance with GDPR, ADA, and other relevant guidelines, standards, and best practices.
Required Skills & Experience
TEAM PLAYER AND LEADER
- Experience managing a multi-discipline development team working within a fast-paced creative-led agency.
- Experience working directly with clients; understanding their needs and creating innovative solutions.
- Experience working with other management leaders to ensure high-quality executions that meet quality, time and budgetary requirements.
- Ability to alternately lead and “roll up sleeves” working side-by-side to support team as needed during ebbs and flows of planning and execution.
- Proven ability to juggle multiple concurrent projects and responsibilities with very different sets of requirements and goals; also, troubleshoot as necessary to assure client and agency success.
- Understanding of, and experience with creating scalable, secure multi-tier web applications for user volumes ranging from several hundred to several hundred thousand.
STANDARDS AND INFRASTRUCTURE
- Experience creating and setting corporate standards and best practices.
- Excellent understanding of current security and data privacy laws and obligations, including GDPR and its impact on both agency and client data management.
- Experience managing internal IT and infrastructure responsibilities.
- Deep understanding and experience with the collection and application of consumer data to drive insights and market learnings.
Other Valued Skills & Experiences
- Experience with PHP, Laravel and MySQL-based web application development
- Understanding of AWS, the various services it offers, and their applicability
- Small-business CRM implementation
- Basecamp, Mantis bug tracker, OSTicket support system, Filemaker
- Amazing client roster
- Nimble agency where individuals make a mark
- Generous paid time off
- Great health, dental and vision plans
- Profit sharing
- Never ending supply of coffee and snacks
- Onsite gym
- Dog friendly