Take Your Seat - Project Manager, Technology/Digital
CREATING FANS FOR LIFE SINCE 1994
teamDigital is comprised of thinkers and makers who believe in the power of digital engagement and promotions to forge lasting brand connections. We bring the shared passions of brands and consumers together with digital experiences that drive business and win consumers’ hearts.
As we enter our 25th year, we continue to work with multi-year-tenured, category-leading global clients including Mastercard, Carnival Cruise Line, NASCAR, SoundCloud, NFL, NBA, MLB, and many, many more.
- This is a full-time, on-site position based in Bethel, Connecticut (next to Danbury CT, 1.5 hours from New York City).
- This position requires previous marketing/professional services agency experience, combining rigor to assure technical requirements and legal/regulatory needs are met, with an eye toward innovation opportunities, and a focus on executional excellence to drive marketing campaigns for high-profile clients.
- Requires experience inspiring and allocating a technology team, in coordination with Project Management, Creative, Account, Strategy & Analytics, and Legal Administration teams.
- Requires occasional client face time and interaction, including occasional travel.
teamDigital, a cutting-edge digital marketing agency, seeks an execution-minded Project Manager who has experience in the Technology and Digital Marketing space, possessing the diligence to drive innovation aligned with client business goals and requirements. The role is a bit hybrid as we are in the rapidly-evolving digital marketing space, and so we seek an entrepreneurial-minded individual who will wear a couple hats that straddle Project Management and Technology; equally comfortable with technology-forward creativity and compliance. The title for this role will be “Producer, Technology” and the role will live within our Technology team, working closely with our Project Management team, as well as the rest of our team.
Our clients are household-name-brand leaders in their respective fields; from sports and entertainment to travel to financial services. These clients demand innovation with a bias for action, and so we need a Producer, Technology who will effectively liaise with and guide our excellent Technology team toward driving client business in innovative ways.
The ideal candidate will have experience overseeing both custom and templated web/mobile/social app development and be personally invested in how emerging and trending technologies can benefit our marketing clients. This individual will enjoy being in a creative space with a team passionate about digital marketing and technology – as well as enjoy free snacks, beverages, an on-premise gym, and really cool dogs in an energetic office atmosphere.
This role is based in Bethel CT and will report to the Director of Technology.
PLANNING, EXECUTION, PROJECT DELIVERY, AND QUALITY ASSURANCE
- Provide strategic vision on how best to utilize emerging technologies and practices for our client needs.
- Establish future-forward POV and serve as guiding voice representing agency to our industry, prospects, and clients.
AGENCY LEADERSHIP AND TEAM MENTORSHIP
- Partner with Creative, Account Services, Project Management, Strategy & Data Analytics, and Legal Administration teams to help dream up and implement the best solutions for our clients’ needs, and then organize and allocate the Tech team to execute toward realizing the vision.
- Work with internal Technology team, as well as source and coordinate with third-party technology vendors/partners, to devise technology solutions that will best serve client needs.
- Establish technical project scope in coordination with Project Management team through discovery and validation of technical requirements.
- Ensure work flows smoothly between the Technology team and across all departments and disciplines.
- Oversee and prioritize concurrent client and internal projects and campaigns to assure our Technology team is effectively allocated to deliver excellent work efficiently, while working closely with Creative team to assure adherence to strategy and creative vision in execution.
- Align with client Technology teams and their partners as needed, to ensure smooth hand-offs and integrations.
- Oversee development and Quality Assurance of internal and client-facing technology solutions across development, staging, and production platforms; includes use-case development, test plans, consumer journey scenarios, data capture, tagging and analytics coordination, etc.
- Support agency in obtaining ISO 27001:2013 certification and ongoing compliance.
- Assure compliance with GDPR, ADA, CCPA and other relevant guidelines, standards, and best practices as defined by local and global laws.
- Participate in review and negotiation of, and assure adherence to, client Master Service Agreements as pertains to technology, privacy, and security.
- Coordinate with Technology team to ensure internal and client systems meet or exceed required levels of performance and security expectations.
- Work with Technology team to manage IT, company infrastructure, and Help Desk administrative functions.
- Create, maintain, and enforce corporate security and technology best practices, including appropriate data management, storage and reporting requirements.
- Work with leadership team to manage subscriptions, licenses, certifications, and service agreements to assure we’re always up to date and efficient.
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience managing multiple concurrent projects with a multi-discipline technology development team working within a fast-paced, creative-led agency.
- Experience working directly with clients; understanding their needs and creating innovative solutions – includes sourcing and working with partners/vendors and evaluating “build vs. buy” scenarios.
- Experience working with other management leaders to ensure high-quality executions that meet quality, time, budgetary, and performance requirements.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with ability to manage as well as “roll up sleeves”; work side-by-side with team as needed during ebbs and flows of planning and execution.
- Fundamental understanding of programming and ability to review code.
- Experience leading/facilitating internal teams through quality control stage processes and reviews.
STANDARDS, COMPLIANCE, AND INFRASTRUCTURE
- Experience maintaining and updating corporate standards and best practices.
- Excellent understanding of and adherence to current security and data privacy laws and obligations, including GDPR, CCPA, ADA, etc., and their respective impact on both agency, client, and consumer data management.
- Experience coordinating resources to support internal IT and infrastructure responsibilities.
- Understanding of and experience with the collection and application of consumer data to drive insights and market learnings.
Other Valued Skills & Experiences
- Experience with ISO 27001:2013 certification acquisition process
- Experience with PHP, Laravel and MySQL-based web application development
- Understanding of AWS, the various services it offers, and their applicability
- Small-business CRM implementation
- Basecamp, Mantis bug tracker, OSTicket support system, Filemaker, Sharepoint
- Help Desk leadership (Apple)